Health Department Sirsa is serving the population of around 13,36422 (Thirteen Lakh thirty six thousand four hundred twenty two) of the District. It has one District Hospital, 1 Sub District Hopsital, 8 Community Health Centres and 23 Primary Health Centres and 157 Sub Health Centres which are working on 24×7 basis.We have birth rate of 17.1 per 1000 population with an IMR 19.1 per 1000 live births and 26 maternal deaths were reported during the year 2019-20.
In tandem with the state govt. policies regarding health "Mukhyamantri Muft Ilaaz Yojna" was launched with all fanfare in Jan. 2014. Under this scheme, all the Haryana residents are getting free treatment which includes OPD, IPD and Surgery procedure free of cost.
Referral Transport System 102 is operational with 18 ALS+BLS ambulances which give free services to various categories like ante natal cases, accident cases and BPL cases etc. Also a new born is sent back to home free of cost in special ambulances KILKARI.
We have a 10 bedded Sick New Born Care Unit with state of the art equipment in GH Sirsa with round the clock availability of specially trained doctors and staff nurses.
Under NHM programme, there are about 609 employees recruited under contractual category. Health Department Sirsa is working hard to achieve the target of various National Programmes allotted to the districts. Following the policies of the state govt. we are running various softwares which are keeping an eye on the services and their outcomes being provided to the general public.
Continuous training programmes are being arranged in District Training Centre, Sirsa for upgradation of skills of all the employees working in the department. The trainings include the skill up-gradation in clinical branches, IT and administrative branches. Continuous efforts are being made to provide quality care to the general public.
Under COVID following Facilities initiated:-
1075 Helpline is being used for addressing the queries related to CORONA symptoms and providing solution and escalating critical calls to Specialist doctors in case patient asks for consultation to doctors through telemedicine. One can call at toll free short code “1075”
- Mental health is the next looming crisis in the COVID-19 battle. General anxiety about the situation, financial uncertainty, feelings of deep isolation and domestic violence, has become common occurrences with cases confined in isolated spaces. Quality of timely Counseling & Therapy may avert mental health related issues & save lives . Since ePsyclinic’s 24*7 Counseling has a qualified team of Psychologists and is providing pro-bono services to Haryana for 3 months, linkage with ePsyclinic (A platform of experienced and qualified Psychologists) has been done to give counselling related to mental health through call centre 1075 on dedicated IVR 4 for next 3 months.
- “eSanjeevaniOPD” an online Stay Home OPD under National Tele - Consultation services of Govt. of India has been initiated in Haryana and Haryana is on board since 01.05.2020. One can consult a Doctor by using laptop/ desktop or an android smart phone with internet while staying at home through video call / live chat. Using this platform report of the investigations can be uploaded and seen by consulting doctor and then Doctor can prescribe lab tests or medicine on e-prescription and is valid in all Health Facilities of Haryana. This service is completely free.
- Institutional Deliveries increased to 99% .
- Operationalization of First Referral Units (FRUs) for providing emergency Obstetric care services including C-section services.
- Implementation of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) since July 2016.
- Availability of free Injection Iron Sucrose for treatment of severe anaemia in pregnant ladies
- Sirsa has achieved 99%full immunization coverage during FY 2019-20.
- To cover the left out and drop out children from Routine Immunization state has completed 6 phases of Mission Indradhanush in Haryana from 2015-2019. Intensified Mission Indradhanush will launch in December 2019 in two districts Palwal and Mewat, flagship initiative of Government of India to increase immunization coverage.
- Total 4 rounds of IMI 2.0 were held from December 2019 to March 2020.In 4 rounds of IMI 2.0 total 6255 sessions were held in which 88123 children and 20168 pregnant women were immunized in two selected districts (Mewat and Palwal).
- eVIN was launched by Hon’ble Health Minister Haryana Dated 28thSept 2019.Vaccine & Cold Chain management can be monitored on real time basis, with the help of eVIN application.A mobile is provided to each cold chain point to ensure vaccine consumption entriesafter each session. State has completed eVIN trainings for 22 District Immunization Officers and 1362 Cold Chain handlers posted on 681 Cold Chain points.
- In 2018, State successfully completed Measles-Rubellacampaign in Haryana after its launch on 25th April. Approximately 74 lakhs (99.9%) children under the age group 9 months to 15 years were vaccinated.
Recently inNov 2018, State has launched Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) from state’s budget. Haryana is the first state which has taken initiative to launch the Pneumococcal Vaccine as Atal Teekakaran Yojana, under Swaran Jayanti Yojana in all 22 districts from state resources. PCV coverage of State Haryana is more than 15 Lacs doses till June 2020
Ayushman Bharat-Health & Wellness Centres
- The “Health & Wellness Centre” is a key component of the Ayushmaan Bharat, under which existing Sub Health Centres and Primary Health Centres are being transformed into Health & Wellness Centres to deliver an expended range of diagnostic
National Programme for prevention & Control of Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases & stroke (NPCDCS)
NCD cum Geriatric clinic has been established in District Civil Hospitals (DCH), Sub District Hospitals & CHCs whereby Opportunistic screening of
National TB Elimination Program (NTEP)
Under National Tuberculosis Elimination programme NTEP (RNTCP), sirsa successfully rolled out daily regimen for all TB patients since 27.10.2017 and providing free TB Diagnostic and treatment facilities in all the Govt. hospitals & Govt. Medical Colleges of Haryana.